The past couple of days has been one heck of a ride. There was the exam that almost killed us, then something happened which I couldn't forget. December 3 is the last day of exams, but it still seems like a long way from now.
It's becoming a little colder these days. Christmas is just around the corner. Unlike home though, Christmas is not a big thing here. It's just a one-day affair. I can just imagine the lights on Manila's streets, and the happiness-- however fleeting-- everybody feels.
I can imagine old co-workers rehearsing for the annual Christmas party; my mom playing Christmas carols every morning, to the irritation of my father; the relentless shopping for gifts in the crowded malls; the traffic that brings out the worst in all of us; and for the commuters among us, who cry highway robbery every time we pay the city's a-hole cab drivers.
Christmas. So near and yet so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment