Sunday, August 23, 2009

Deadma!

NTU is turning out to be far more demanding than I thought. I have 5 subjects this semester, which is pretty miniscule by UP/Philippine standards, but a killer by the standards of my current home. For each of the subjects, we would have to write a paper, in keeping with the tradition of NTU as a research university. This early, I’ve been planning how to write each paper/project, and have been trying to move heaven and earth to do the best that I can on each—which is really impossible.

And so, I decided to enlist the help of some friends. Many of them were very helpful, and are friends in the real sense of the word. Two though, are not. My messages to them were unanswered. I would have understood if I got the usual, lame, “I’m sorry but I can’t help you because I’m too busy taking care of my shit” excuse, but I didn’t even get any. And for that I’m really disappointed in these people. They suck big time. At one point or another, I have helped them in one way (especially the other one) and would have thought they would have at least the decency to send a reply. The other one though has been a disappointment since high school. I should have expected it, but I have turned into a Pollyanna lately that I forgot what kind of person she is. This may sound trivial to other people (especially to those who are currently working), but school is my world now, and by God, I will do my best to do well in it.

Oh, well. There are other ways of doing the paper. And there are other people who are willing to help. But I will never forget that I got the cold shoulder. In life, I avoid carrying anything heavy. Except, of course, if it’s a grudge. :)

6 comments:

Nherz Jane said...

Hay, getting NR from people whom I thought can give me a help is one thing that also annoys me. Hindi naman sa panunumbat pero minsan mo rin naibigay mo ang tulong sa kanila kaya sana naman magkaroon naman sila ng respeto kahit sabihin nilang hindi sila makakatulong.

Rachel said...

Exactly my point, Neri.Anyway, hayaan ko na lang sila. :)

midee said...

If you need help in all that research methods muck, you can YM or PM me anywhere you can find me. Or email. I went through the same isolation (by choice) but it doesn't have to be a painful experience for you. Best of luck, mida

Rachel said...

Thanks, Mida! :D

roan said...

Ako ba iyong inemail mo? Hahaha. Paranoid.

I'm so annoyed by people who would inquire about something and then when I answer and inquire about something back, deadma! Hrrr. Good luck on your papers!

Rachel said...

@ Roan, ah, no. somebody else. parang lahat nga ng tao nabasa na to, except yong mga taong involved. :p