Monday, February 15, 2010

Recently watched: Hanayori Dango and Pride

Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm so late with this thing. But hey, better late than never. :)


For falling for Pride, I would have to thank M, the one who got me hooked on Jdoramas in the first place. Pride stars the uber hot Takuya Kimura. Kimutaku is a hockey player on top of his game who falls for Aki (Takeuchi Yuko). The return of Aki's boyfriend is what brings a lot of drama to this show, along with the sob stories of the other members of the hockey team. Great cast (testosterone overload!) and great music. They played quite a lot of Queen songs in the show. I'm impressed. You would have to pay a ton of money to do that--unless they used those songs without permission, which is impossible. 

Takuya, you are smokin'. Someday I will fly to Japan just to interview you. Hehe!

Hanayori Dango, as many of you know, is the Japanese adaptation of the famous manga, Boys Over Flowers. My friends from my previous workplace love the Taiwanese version, Meteor Garden.I wasn't hooked on MG (too many fan girls, didn't wanna join the crowd), but I really like this version. The boys may not be that cute, but they dress well, and Matsumoto Jun plays the rich, bullying leader of the F4 brilliantly. (M tells me the Korean actor is better, and the cutest of them all. Jerry is the worst, acting-wise.) 

Of course, much of the appeal of the Jap version, at least for me, is the music. According to my friend M, this one has the best soundtrack. Listen to these songs. These are the theme songs for the first and second seasons.




These songs are so good I never get sick of them.

By the way, I tried watching Full House, which was really popular in the Philippines during my YES! days. I'm sorry, hate me for this, but I don't understand the hype. I almost fell asleep in M's place when I watched the first three episodes. I was so bored I decided to watch Balls of Fury instead. 

And sorry, Rain is not appealing--at all!

Update:

Here's another song I really like: it's from the opening billboard of HD's season 2. Enjoy! :)



No comments: