My favorite though was an episode starring Manilyn Reynes, where she visits a town full of cannibals. It features Richard Gomez in a cameo as a tricycle driver (yeah, right) who warns Mane that there's something wrong with the town. I tried looking for a clip in Youtube, but I couldn't find any. My former officemate's favorite episode was Undin, an episode about a monster who lurks in a toilet. He looks like this:

Faye, the friend who wanted to ward off those pesky pornographers, loved Pridyider, starring Janice de Belen and the late Charito Solis. Directed by the late great Ishamel Bernal, it's about a ref with a life of its own.
Nice dress, Janice.
There's no denying it, the 1980's had really kitschy films. But to tell you honestly, I'd rather watch these films than those who take themselves seriously but end up falling flat on their faces.
No comments:
Post a Comment