Once upon a time, in a Third World city, a girl had to pee. She told her colleague, one of the most beautiful men in the office, that she had to leave to go to the loo. In five minutes, she was back.
Man: That was quick!
Me: Yes, it's a quickie!
Har, har. Corny, I know. Bur I couldn't think of a good way to start this entry. This is going to be relatively short and sweet-- I need to wake up at 6:30 tomorrow, and it's almost 12 here. I just want to say how much I am grateful for everything that came my way-- the full scholarship that brought me here, the good jobs that are now proudly written on my CV, the demanding editors who brought out the best in me, the teachers who believed in my talent and intelligence, the friends--especially the ones I've made in college--who love me in spite (and sometimes because) of my flaws, and my parents who gave me the freedom to dream and chase what I wanted, no matter how unconventional or impossible it may first seem to be.
For once, I will not write about anything depressing, frustrating, or sad. I am grateful for tomorrow. Finally, I am crossing out one major goal in my lengthy list. And I'm crossing it out with a flourish.
Graduation, here I come.
1 comment:
congratulations on graduation. :]
thanks for reading picky and leaving it some love.
Post a Comment