Saturday, December 5, 2009

Curtis

After 13 weeks of intense studying (how intense it was, I can't even describe), I am finally done with school. It feels strange, not reading any of my notes. My friend N sums it aptly, "What do we do now?"

What I did was, I met up with a friend whom I haven't seen for months: Curtis. She and I met around 4 years ago, at work. While it took as quite some time to polish our writing, she was already writing a storm as soon as she set foot in the office. Not a single soul doubts her talent.


Curtis went to a bar and forgot to wear her shorts.


She also has an amazing knowledge of The Beatles, and their music. Never make the mistake of asking Curtis about The Beatles, or else you'll be forced to listen to her--for hours-- mouthing off every Beatles trivia she knows. I've learned a lot about The Beatles and rock music from her. In a way, I think I owe my current musical taste to this irreverent soul.

I think the best things that I learned from her though is that you have to learn how to be tough and how to face  your problems squarely, right on its face, without blinking. I thought that there were times when I was treated unfairly, but Curtis had it worse, and she handled her problems as best as she could. I'm a pretty tough kid, but I look like a wimp next to her.

Merry Christmas, Curt. Here's my gift to you. Enjoy!





No comments: