Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010 List

I was supposed to post something about one of the best people I've met and whom I struck up a strange sorta friendship this year. I thought though that it deserves to be edited first--there were some things I wrote that may raise quite a lot of eyebrows.

Instead, I'm doing my own version of my friend Roan's annual list. Here's mine. You can check hers here.
  

What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
- study in a foreign country, e-mail a teacher random and crazy things :)

Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
- I didn't have resolutions for 2009. But I have a couple of goals for 2010.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
- None. We're a bunch of spinsters.

Did anyone close to you die?
- None, thank goodness.

What countries did you visit?
-Singapore, lah! :)

What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
-a major comeback in the magazine industry. I'm missing my passion.


 What was your biggest achievement of the year?
-Would you believe, the A- I got in censorship class? :) And impressing one of the profs with my writing.

What was your biggest failure?

-My mediocre grades in all of the rest of the modules.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
-Nothing big, just when I wounded my foot 11 hours before my first exam.

What was the best thing you bought?
-My laptop!

Whose behavior merited celebration?

-Everyone who helped after Ondoy--ditto!

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

-Politicians. Those responsible for the Maguindanao massacre-- ditto!

Where did most of your money go?

-I didn't spend as much as I used to. There's something about being unemployed that stops me!

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
-My Manila Christmas vacay.


What song(s) will always remind you of 2009?
- Don't Stop Believing.

Compared to this time last year, are you:


i.happier or sadder? -- sadder, sadly. hahaha!
ii. thinner or fatter? -- Fatter!
iii. richer or poorer? -- richer. ahahaha!

What do you wish you'd done more?
-exercise. spend more time with Singapore-based friends. read more fiction.

What do you wish you'd done less of?
-eating and studying.

How many one-night stands?
- none! :)

What was your favorite TV program?
-Glee, Project Runway Philippines, How I Met Your Mother, True Blood

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

-I dislike. I rarely hate.

What was the best book you read?
- Harry Potter. First time I read it was this year!

What did you want and get?
- To study abroad.

What was your favorite film of this year?
- The September Issue and Avatar. I now love Sam Worthington!

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

-28. I was stuck at home while Manila was recovering from Ondoy.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
-If I spent it seeing more of the Lion City instead of studying.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
-Jeans and sneakers. It will change in 2010.

What kept you sane?
-Music, writing, books, and writing. Always will.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
-Sam Worthington!

What political issue stirred you the most?

-the Ondoy related deaths, and how we could have prevented them.

Who did you miss?

-My Flip friends.

Who was the best new person you met?

-A lot. My classmates. There's one person I liked the most, but I'd rather not say who it was. My profs too.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
- Whatever happens, I'll be fine.

What was the nicest thing someone told you about yourself:
-There were two! 


"You don't have a boyfriend? That's strange. You're an atractive girl"--Nasrath. Ahahahaha! I'm such a sucker for that!
"You're an outstanding writer." Dr. Reimold

The most touching experience you've had this year?
-When Jeni helped me with my injured foot, and when one of the profs told me I'm one of his favorite writers.

What did you like most about yourself this year?
- That I did my best.

What did you hate most about yourself this year?
-I didn't exercise as much as I need. Now I have to lose 10 pounds!

Was 2009 a good year for you?
- Just okay.

What was your favorite moment of the year?

- Partying with the YES! peeps. I should have partied more when we were still together!

What was your least favorite moment of the year?
-the day I got my grades.

Where were you when 2009 began?
- Eating, lighting up and watching fireworks

Who were you with?
-family

Where will you be when 2009 ends?
-at home

Who will you be with when 2009 ends?
-family

Do you have a new years resolution for 2010?
- I have a bunch of goals.

What was your favorite month of 2009?
-December

Did you lose anybody close to you in 2009?
-none, thank goodness.

How many concerts did you see in 2009?
- None, dammit. Will make up for it this year.

Did you drink a lot of alchohol in 2009?
- Yeah. But nothing that made me roaring drunk.

Did a lot of drugs in 2009?
- none

You do anything you are ashamed of this year?

-None. Flirting with those guys was fun, fun, fun!

How much money did you spend in 2009?

- Just enough.

What was your proudest moment of 2009?
- Being told that I was a damn good writer. The insecurities are still there, but at least I'm feeling better.

What was your most embarrassing moment of 2009?
- none.

If you could go back in time to any moment of 2009 and change something, what would it be?
- None. What's done is done.

What are your plans for 2010?
- Exercise more, see more of my Flip friends in Singapore, strike up a deep friendship with somebody in school, read more fiction. live a more balanced life.

How are you different now that the year has ended?
- More realistic now.

What are your wishes for the new year?
- A great job, to lose the 10 pounds I recently gained, dress better, and, flirt with more boys. Ahahahahaha!

1 comment:

waiwai said...

love it! happy new year =)