My dearest classmate, the HK diva Waiyee, came up with a blog entry a couple of weeks ago about goals. I told her I’m not the type who has major life goals. I do however, sometimes come up with “mini life goals”—stuff that I want to achieve within the year. I don’t want to call them resolutions—the very word makes sure that I will break them.
So here you have it, my goals for the year:
1. Will wear jeans less often and wear clothes more appropriate for my age. Just now, I’m trying to look for and stock up on dresses that I’ll be proud to wear in my 30’s. Unlike some people, I’m so looking forward to turning 30, but I have to look fab when I do.
2. After getting my grades, I’m going to take things easy. Studying hard is just so not worth it, man. Will live a more balanced life from now on.
3. Related to number 2, will spend more time at the gym and in the pool. I sacrificed exercising to study, and my grades are still blah. Might as well have blah grades yet look great.
My grades are crap.
4. See more of Millet and Curtis, the SG-based Summit friends. I’ve finally decided to take a shot at working in the Lion City, and I really like it, but I need to be surrounded by old friends to make living in it more fun and fulfilling.
5. Will see more of Singapore. I was totally embarrassed when I told a professor I spend weekends reading (but hey, it was also his fault!) instead of enjoying living in the city. That will change from now on!
6. Will look for that next great best friend in school.
7. Spend more time reading fiction.
8. Get a good job in the magazine industry. Laugh all you want, but my greatest dream now is to sit in the front row of a fashion show during NYC’s fashion week. Seriously.
That’s it! Hope I don’t break them. :)

1 comment:
Good luck with your mini-goals!! =)
2010 will be great, i'm sure of it!
Post a Comment